Capture the excitement and beauty of the South Pacific Islands. Learn the fundamentals of traditional and contemporary Tahitian, Hawaiian and New Zealand Maori dance, art, music, crafts and drumming. Our 3,000 sq. ft. facility will take you back to the islands with its tropical atmosphere of bamboo, palm trees and exotic talking birds.
Hula Halau ‘O Makalapua, Marama Te Mafatu Nui offers people of all descents the opportunity to develop poise and confidence in the medium of dance, as well as the continuity of one’s cultural heritage through the instruction of music, arts, and crafts of the islands. Students learn confidence, self-expression, to dance in unity with others, stage presence, proper execution of their dance, and language.
We believe that if we can teach our students the “Aloha Spirit” of strong family values, spiritual guidance and nurture their growth, then we have contributed to their tomorrows… a future bright with promise.
Throughout the year students will learn both Hawaiian and Tahitian. Maori dances are taught at specified times of the year. Students are placed in class levels at the discretion of the instructor based on skill, attendance, accountability, motivation, stage presence and knowledge of form and technique. In addition, we offer sewing workshops to teach our students how to cut and assemble fabric to make dresses and shirts. This workshop is available to both the Wahine and Kane.
- Monday 5:30-6:15pm Keiki Ukulele Level 2
- Monday 6:30-7:30pm Beginners I / II Wahine / Kane
- Monday 7:30-8:40pm Advanced Hula Wahine / Kane
- Tuesday 10:00am-11:am Island Infusion Cardio Bootcamp … Call in adv for dates
- Tuesday 6:30-7:45pm Ukulele Class Beginners Adult/Teen
- Tuesday 7:45pm Drumming Class Adult / Teen
- Wednesday 10:30am NEW HULA CLASS Adult ..STARTS OCT 9th …Pre-Registration required
- Wednesday 5:30-6:15pm Keiki Ukulele Level l
- Wednesday 6:30-7:30pm Pre-Teen Intermediate
- Wednesday 7:30-8:40pm Tahitian Intermediate/Advanced
- Thursday 5:30-6:15pm Keiki Beginners I / II
- Thursday 6:30-7:30pm Island Infusion Cardio Bootcamp
- Thursday 7:30-8:30pm Tahiti Intense
- Friday 6:30pm Advanced
- Saturday 10:00am-11am Island Infusion Cardio Bootcamp … Call in adv for dates